Thursday, July 27, 2017

Family Love

The end of June and beginning of July were pretty busy around here. We had my parents visiting and it was on and off again with them here since they were making visits to Houston as well. We received sad news when my aunt (my mom's sister) passed away. She had been battling uterine cancer, but what took her suddenly was a brain hemorrhage. As a child on our way back from our summer trips to Mexico we would make a stop at my aunt's house for a couple of days. I remember her always being so kind and fun. I also remember her voice quite well. I regret to say that the last time I saw her was almost ten years ago. It really makes me realize that I need to make more of an effort to visit my extended family.  Now that we live in Dallas, I do have aunts uncles and cousins who live just 4 hours away. My mom, dad and aunt attended her cremation and they felt at peace knowing that she wasn't in pain anymore. I know she is in a better place now. Below is a picture of my mom on the right and my aunt Maria Iris Hernandez on the left. Both such beauties.

I also wanted to post pictures of the girls and what they were up to last month. Adeline mastered standing with assistance. She loves to climb up on Brielle's toddler bed too. Just a couple weeks back shes mastered how to get down on her own. It makes my life easier when all three girls playing together in the room- I don't have to be there at all times. Adeline has also loved to eat with a fork. It's a lot of fun to watch her poke at her food and bring it to her mouth with a smirk of accomplishment. 




We celebrated July 4th with friends. Our ward did a breakfast and bike parade which was a lot of fun for the kiddos. We went to a friends house for a bbq and a fireworks show. Our littlest ones are not the best in terms of temperament if they are out late, so Daniel took them back home to sleep while Arizona, myself and 
our group of friends saw the fireworks show in Castle Hills. 







No comments:

Post a Comment