Monday, July 7, 2014

2.5 yr old!

I sat on the floor of my sweet baby girls room today folding newborn clothing that was worn by Arizona 2.5 years ago. I seriously could not fathom how she even fit into all those cute pjs and onesies but once upon a time she did. When she was in the womb- Daniel and I would call her blob. She was this floating fetus in my belly and we knew when she came out she wouldn't be very mobile and mostly just lay there. My, how times have changed. Our little baby blob is now running, holding conversations with us, admitting preferences, and just being sassy. I remember Daniel and I would sit and ask- how is her little toddler voice going to sound? When will she start talking? Well, now she doesn't stop! 


She loves to sing the Alphabet song, she knows how to count to 20- skipping a few numbers here and there. She sings Twinkle Twinkle, Little Star perfectly, and she's working on I Am A Child of God. She loves to read books and will read them back to us as well. 


When you ask her a question like, "Arizona, would you like to go to the store?" She replies, "Sure!" She is obsessed with the blue slide at the park and has gotten more adventurous with going on the big slides and climbing the rock wall by herself. She takes one nap a day from 1:30-3:30. And her bedtime is anywhere between 7:00-8:00. She wakes anywhere between that time too in the morning. 


Daniel and her wrestle every night after dinner. They love to play ring around the rosey, flying, rolling and bouncing on the bed and this summer, swimming has been an ultimate obsession. 

She is still obsessed with her stuffed animals and her favorite is still Bear and her pink Lovey (a small blanky).


She isn't really a girly girly. She hates bows in her hair and I really have to convince her to put her hair up in a ponytail. She loves her rock collection, her plastic egg collection, and her hot wheel cars. Her favorite shows are Caillou, Curious George, Handy Manny, Daniel Tiger, and Clifford. 

She has been obsessed with cooking lately and is always wanting to make me a meal. She's a wonderful helper with mixing and adding ingredients. 


We had a moment of potty training where she was going consistently to the potty multiple times a day- but that has stopped. I'm not too worried about it- with the new baby coming I'm sure she'll regress. Now our focus is spending as much time with her before another little Atkins arrives. We just love this little girl so much! 








1 comment:

  1. I love this!!! i cant wait till i can see her again in a few weeks! I want to get to know her cause she sounds positively darling!

    ReplyDelete