Sunday, January 25, 2015

New Year- New Me

I know, I know. Totally cliche to create a resolution...and breaking that resolution soon after. So, I'm not going to be cliche and actually follow thru with my resolution. I decided this year that I would do "less" of certain things that have become bad habits. Each month I would change it up, cause I just can't do one thing the whole year. It would drive me crazy and this way I can focuse on a fault that needs correcting month by month. It takes 21 days to create a new habit right?

For the month of January, Daniel joined me and we did sugar less. We only allowed ourselves 9g of sugar each day. I was pretty determined to keep it to 9, and I think I've done a pretty good job so far. But I've noticed that since the month is coming to an end- I'm wanting to make cookies and cakes. Daniel and I noticed last year around the holidays that we craved something sugary after our dinners. Once the kids were in bed we wanted sweets. It was getting ridiculous. I felt like a sugar addict! 

For February, I am doing Facebook-less. I cannot begin to tell you how much Facebook rules my life. It's easy to get on while nursing Brielle, while cooking dinner, or just sitting on the couch when the girls are napping and I don't want to be productive. I carry my phone in my pocket everywhere I go and I've noticed that when I have nothing to do- I pull it out and go straight to fb. So, farewell fb. You will be deleted from my phone for the month of February. It's what's best people. 

March thru December have not been decided yet. I'll tackle those when the time comes. Wish me luck!!!

1 comment:

  1. Wait dang
    Oh no.

    I'm so glad you chose the shortest month. We're waiting for the gates to be opened for you to get in BOC. I guess we will have to wait until later.

    ReplyDelete