Sunday, January 1, 2017

Ladies Night Karaoke

I've been really blessed to have a great group of friends here in Dallas. When we moved here a little over a year ago, I made a concerted effort to put myself out there. I went to all the playgroups I could go to, RS activities, and talked with people I hadn't met during church on Sunday's. In my previous Ward in Atlanta, I was the visiting teaching coordinator and that taught me to get out of my comfort zone and just be confident when going up to people. 

We decided to go out for karaoke with the theme ugly Christmas sweater. Let me tell you that it is rare to find an ugly sweater these days. Everywhere I went, the sweaters looked too cute and something I wouldn't be ashamed to wear. I wanted to find a genuine ugly sweater. I made my way to goodwill and sure enough there was a rack of hideous ugly Christmas vests, and men's sweatshirts. It also didn't hurt that I paid 4 bucks for this thing as opposed to 20 or 30 for something that was going to sit in my closet for the rest of the year. 

We jammed out to Madonna, Hanson, BSB, Mariah, Bruno Mars. We threw in a little bit of rap and just danced like crazy. It was a blast. 


We had an awesome time and I was oh so exhausted the next day. All worth it though- these ladies are  so fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment