Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Arizona is 5

We have a five year old! I can't believe it sometimes. It feels like yesterday our mature and sweet girl entered our lives. We are so blessed to have her.

Her stats: She is 3 ft. 7 inches and weighs 37 lbs/10 ounces.
She is helpful, loving, sympathetic, curious, and so caring about others. Many times she has reminded me of the simple ways to love. When we go shopping, she compliments others. When we are watching a show, she notices the differences in people and embraces those differences. Here's one example of how thoughtful she can be. We were driving to a doctor's appointment one day I voiced my frustration at a another driver. Here's how the conversation went:

Me: "You Jerk!"
Arizona: "Why are you calling him that?"
Me: "It's not very nice. I shouldn't have said that." (I lost some mom points that day. lol!)
Arizona: "Can they hear you?"
Me: "No, but I still shouldn't say mean things to people."
Arizona: "Yeah, It's not nice. If you want to say mean things mommy, just say it to things that aren't real."
This kid has a good heart.

She loves her sisters. She has hugged, kissed and cuddled them to the point that I've had to pull her away. As much as she wanted Adeline to be a boy, she has embraced the big sister title 100% and is doing an amazing job. Arizona will start school in September and I am anxious and excited for her all at the same time. We decided not to put her in preschool, mostly because it was very expensive but also because I felt I could teach her the same things at home that she would learn at school. We would save money in the process and I would also be able to spend some more time with her at home before she is at school the majority of the day. I'm also going to miss her helpfulness when getting diapers and distracting Adeline when I'm busy.
Arizona is still in ballet class and she loves it. She hates to put on her pink tights(they're itchy) every Monday but once she gets her whole outfit on and steps into class, she is so excited. She loves to dance with her friends and comes home showing us all of her new dance moves. We also signed her up for Soccer. She starts in March and we are hoping this will teach her to take incentive and be more brave. Did I mention that she is a very sensitive soul? Brielle is a reminder of that everyday when she pushes or kicks or yells and Arizona just sits there and takes it. It's been a learning process for all of us.
Arizona can also be really funny.

Me: "Go get your comb."
Arizona: "Is it in the bathroom?"
Me: "Yes"
Arizona: "How clever of me to figure it out." There are so many more that I need to be better about writing them down.

We celebrated her birthday with friends and had a wonderful time. We set up a joint party with her friend Juliet at ASI gymnastics. She's in the light pink unicorn top.




Arizona requested a unicorn cake and it was so delicious! She loved all of her presents and couldn't stop talking about how much fun she had. She also was planning out her birthday for next year!






Who is your favorite person in the world: All of them!
What is your favorite color: All the colors but not gray
What is your favorite outfit? All of them
What sport do you like the best? Soccer
What song do you love? Boomerang
What's your favorite cereal? Honey Bunches of Oats
Who is your best friend? All of them!
What do you want to be when you grow up? A princess or a queen
What is your favorite book? The BFG
What are you really good at? Kicking the ball, counting, drawing and dancing
Where do you wish you could go on vacation? I want to go on an island to find some treasure
What is your best memory? I remember when i had a birthday with Braelynn.
What would you buy if you had a lot of money? Lots of balloons
What vegetable do you not like? Carrots
What is your favorite flavor of ice cream? chocolate and vanilla
What do you hope to do before your next birthday? I want to help my family get ready for my birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment