Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Our surroundings

Arizona has never really gone to the pool. I took her once when she was little and she did just fine. The last few times we've taken her to a splash pad, she was 6 months old and just tolerated the experience. She looks happy here at least.



Since then, we've taken her to other splash pads but she gets scared of the water jetting out from the floor. I think she's also scared of the boisterous kids running around. 


Our apartment complex has a pool and Daniel and I have taken her a couple of times. At first she seemed reluctant to even put her feet in the water. I would have to splash around and make a big fuss about it and she would gain the confidence to try it out. 

She ventured in with Daniel finally, but doesn't like to stay in longer than 10 minutes.



The grounds here are also very nice. We have a tennis court, where Arizona loves to run thru and occasionally watch a few people play.

The paths go thru the complex and take us to various swings, a garden, and lots of greenery.




The Mosquitos here are vicious. Our first week, I had about 20 mosquito bites on my legs! The itching was non stop and for fear of embarrassment, I wore pants and longer skirts to hide the hideous red inflamed bites. Minus one point for Atlanta summers. 


2 comments:

  1. That looks like a nice complex! It would be so nice to have a pool! Ari is getting so big!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh, that pic of daniel and ari is precious!!!! you know i'm gelly of your swings.

    ReplyDelete