Thursday, March 27, 2014

Body Image

I'm 23 weeks pregnant and feel huge!! I forgot how often complete strangers will just stare at my belly  and then look at my face. I sometimes wonder what they think. While at the grocery store a while back, the deli lady looked at Arizona and said is that your little sister? And Arizona answered by saying, "this is momma!" And then I followed that by saying, "yeah, and I'm expecting another!" To which she says, "you're so young!" Don't worry lady, I didn't get knocked up by my boyfriend and I've been been happily married for 7 years. I don't know what to think sometimes when people question if Arizona is my daughter. And now that I'm pregnant again, if they are wondering how old I am. I guess I should just be happy that I have a young looking face. It'll all be good when I'm 50. 


At the gym getting my exercise on. Some days I feel great and others not so much. I'm just grateful that I've had a really easy pregnancy so far and hoping this is all going to continue on thru the labor process. I seriously do not want to go thru a c-section again.

 I've been taking heparin shots as a preventative measure from developing another pulmonary embolism. The more I think about it, the more I come to realize that Arizona may not be here because of it. Well, I wouldn't be here either. I hear so many horror stories of women losing their babies to blood clots and that could have been me. Days when I'm beyond frustrated with the bruising and the poking needles, I'm reminded that Arizona was my little miracle. It's amazing what a woman goes thru to have a baby. I will take the bruises and the pain just to have our goose. Yes, that is what we are calling her for now- until we decide on a name. We sure do love our little goose and are so grateful for modern medicine to ease our fears. 17 weeks to go! Ahhhhh!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment