Friday, October 13, 2017

August Happenings

August was a whirlwind of fun and firsts. I celebrated my 31st birthday in the most awesome way. A week before my birthday, my friend Sadie came to Dallas and "surprised" me. Now, I put surprised in air quotes because I had a feeling something was going down. Months before, her hubby Gabe had texted me wondering if I would be free around my birthday for a visit from Sadie. I was over the moon excited and told him to send her over. There were no confirmations of this visit so I wasn't sure if it was still happening. So when she came knocking on my door- I was excited and flustered at the same time. So many thoughts ran thru my head about what we needed to do with the little time she was here and just processing the fact that she was standing in my living room. It was awesome! It just so happened that our friend Kristy from Schaumburg was moving into the Dallas area that same weekend. Score!! So, in true Sadie fashion, she suggested we surprise her. We drove up on Saturday morning to her house, went out for Torchy's tacos and just chatted about life. It was a fabulous visit.
On my birthday, a group of my girlfriends and I went out for tacos and dessert. It was a great way to celebrate with people I genuinely have fun with and do what I love most- eat!
Earlier in August, we went to Brielle's cardio appointment. Each year, she needs a checkup on her heart to see if she is progressing well and that her heart valve is flowing the blood properly. She did great initially but then started to freak out once the ultrasound portion started. All in all, she looks great and we will go back next year in hopes for a more successful thorough visit. 


10 years seems insane to me. I remember waking up the morning of my wedding day and having a mini panic attack and now here we are 10 years later celebrating us. We had kept in mind for a long time to make a 10 year trip and decided on an East coast trip to see the Fall colors. On the day of our anniversary, we went to Pappa's Steakhouse. It just so happens that Dallas Restaurant Week is the same week as our anniversary, so we get a discounted meal and it was delicious. Man we look good!



My first born is officially a kindergartener. I can't believe it. We have been prepping her for kindergarten the entire summer and the day finally arrived. She woke up so excited and ready to start. We attended the library back to school party, and meet the teacher. I was so happy to find out that she got Mrs. Archer. She is so sweet and has been teaching kindergarten for 17 years. I love picking her up from school each day and hearing all about it. She knows everyone's name now and her best friend in class in Kennedy. She has transitioned from no school to full day kindergarten with such ease. She wakes up excited and ready to go. She is great at following the rules and reminding me of things that I need to do so her day at school runs smoothly. I really lucked out with this one. She is a dream.










No comments:

Post a Comment